As a way to commemorate this occasion in my life, more so for myself and my own memory than anything else, I would write a record of the things that have been worked in my life in the last 10 years.
A little scripture first!:
"For this reason I kneel before the father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide, and how long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to experience this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen". Ephesians :14-21
Starting in 2002 I...
- had lived on my on for 2 years and would do so for the next two years
- Traveled with 11 people who changed my life forever--60 concerts in 60 days
- Met the man of my dreams, the one created just for me
- Sent thousands of e-mails and spent thousands of hours on the phone to the said man
- Worked reception jobs and swore I would never do it again (and I haven't)
- Fought with roommates
- Walked to buy groceries because I didn't own a car
- Sang my heart out every.single.day.
- Overcame depression
- Wrote more papers & read more books than I care to remember
- Sang in a group or choir concert every Sunday, sometimes twice in one day
- Lived with my sister & and brother in law for 3 months too long
- Got engaged
- Worked 2 jobs, went to school full time and planned a wedding occurring in another city
- Loved roommates
- Got a car so I no longer had to walk to buy groceries
- Graduated college debt free--Keith, I'll never be able to repay you!
- Went on 2 other musical tours
- Got married
- Moved to a whole new city
- Got my first "real" job at my first ever real interview and actually applied my degree knowledge
- Moved into our first 'nice' apartment and no longer fought with roommates--I was in love with my forever roommate!
- Got a pay check instead of a report card
- Learned about homelessness up close and personal
- Made a commitment to a body of believers
- Became an aunt--one of the most thrilling roles of my life! (Olivia)
- Worked until I cried, and then kept on working
- Bought a house
- Fixed up the fore mentioned house
- Enjoyed the bliss of a clean-kid-free-house
- Became an aunt again (Lila)
- Got pregnant
- Kept working until I cried
- Stopped working
- Became a mom
Now I have to stop right here...becoming a mom at 25 was my life long dream...had no idea that it would actually happen just at that time. Being a mom is more than I ever though or imagined it could be and is such a gift--a gift of life, a gift of lessons, of challenges, of blessings, of pain and of so many other things that I cannot wait to discover. OK back to the list
- Became an aunt again (Corey III)
- Became a true friend and received true friends
- Participated in a small group that continues to shape mine and Owen's life
- Learned how to be a wife and a mommy
- Helped to start a 'play group' that has turned into a 'life line' in my life!
- Became a mom again
- Survived postpartum depression
- Became a runner
- Learned how to LOVE mothering
- Learned how to be a real sister
- Lost 3 babies
- Learned how to love other women & mothers and point them to Christ
- Started co-leading a small group with Owen and another couple--outside of marriage and our kids, our source of greatest joy & blessing!
- Became an aunt for the 4th time (Maureen)
- Became a mom for the third time
- Ran my first 1/2 marathon and survived
- Consider myself a runner now
- Am back to my "pre baby" weight (plus or minus 3-5 lbs depending on the day) haha
- Became a landlord
- Became a "renter" again--this time from our in-laws.
- Became an aunt for the 5th time (Callan)
- Have found that daily leaning on Christ to do this mom & wife thing is the only way any of this really works!
These are just the "bullet points", obviously! With each point, there is a whole slew of emotions and an entire story. I have already seen Him "do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine". And I am only 30. I can't wait for the next 30 years--to be "filled up to the measure of all the fullness of God."
It's been a joy to have shared the last 10 years with those in Azusa and now here in Phoenix.